Saturday, April 7, 2012

Web 2.0 Discoveries

When looking at the Web 2.0 cite, I found a lot of different sites with interesting names, but there were three that stood out to me the most.

The first one was called "keepsy."  For this cite I found that this one was interesting because I could make a scrapbook online.  I could also personalize it, that way it was not just one scrapbook that everyone has made.  In the first few steps it asked if I wanted the pictures tilted or not, then I had to pick at least sixteen photos to do the demo, next it had me pick the order that I wanted the photos to go in, and then last but not least it had me pick the color of the scrapbook and I could also look at the actual scrapbook to see what it would look like.  I really liked this idea also because I could picture using it in the classroom.  I could easily make a scrapbook for each of my kids, but it would be a little expensive (I believe the books were at least $24.00 each).

The second one was called "finetune" and I liked this one because I could make my own music list.  I would just enter an artists name and this program would make a list of music that I may like based on that artist.  I would type the name in the "Instant Gratification" box and then it generates a list of music for me.  I could also use this one in the classroom  by having it find "kid friendly" songs to put into a list and then I could use the songs to play in my classroom as background music, or as sing along's if it would help with a lesson.

The third and last one that I looked at was called, "kideos."  I thought that this site was cute and interesting because you could look up videos of children or animals and play them.  Some of them seemed funny.  I would want to check and make sure that the ones that I use would be appropriate for the classroom by watching them and having a co-worker check them as well to make sure that they are okay.  I would use this in the classroom after doing this step if it had an educational purpose.

I found that all three of these seemed like fun ideas to use in the classroom.  Some of them would be used in the actual classroom and the other one would be used to give the students so that they can look back on some of the fun times that they had in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment