Monday, April 23, 2012

Group Video Work

 Tuesday April 17th:
Today we worked with iMovie.  First we made a video on bullying which was a lot of fun.  I have worked with a video camera before so it was easy for me to video tape people.  I liked going around and finding people that we could talk to and to get their definition of what bullying is to them.  All of the responses had a similar message even though they each used different ways of putting it.  We then put the videos onto the computer and saved them so that we could use them later. We are going to put in statistics soon to add to the video and some more videos so that we can finish our video.  I like how we have a piece of each person's video and how it changes rapidly.  I found like our professor has mentioned while watching videos, that it really does keep a person's attention if we jump around every two to three seconds.  I wanted to watch more as I was watching the rough draft of our video. We then had to add more clips and our statistics.  After we did that, we figured out what order we wanted to put everything in with transitions, a title page, and a credits page.


What did I learn:
I learned how to add music to a video, I learned how to shoot different angles on a camera, I learned how to upload the videos onto iMovie, and I learned how to zoom in on a video if we wanted it to be closer in to a person's face.  I learned by watching one of my partners put the clips together and how they cut the different pieces of the clip and put them together.  We worked together to figure out what order we wanted and what parts we wanted to put into the video.  I also learned how to open the iMovie and work on it when it was saved somewhere else by watching one of my partners.  I also learned from my partners how to put clips into the video and how to make the image move from one section of the photo/image to another (start to stop).  Near the end of working on our project I also learned how to put text on a video image, put transitions into the video, and a credits page on top of a video.  

What I liked: 
I liked learning all of the different skills with this project.  I also liked how the video seemed to change a lot even when we just added a few little things or changed the order.  I also liked the topic that we picked which was bullying because I do believe that bullying is a big problem that a lot of our students may face and I believe that if we as teachers/educators help to stop this that it will make our students lives better and encourage a environment that students feel safe to express themselves in.  


How would I use this in the classroom:
I would get each child's permission from their parents and I would have the students make a video similar to the one that I did.  Maybe we would make an informational video for students who go to the school to show them what is at the school and where things are.  This way if students are unfamiliar with the area, they can watch the video and become familiar with the area.  I would also use this to make videos of special events for my students, like for example Kindergarten Graduation.  I could get the parents permission and if the students wanted to say a few words, they could and I could give the video to the families to remember the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment