Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Literacies

Tuesday May 1st:


What I learned: 
I learned how to tell if a website is real or fake during class.  We looked at a variety of websites and we had to determine if it was real or fake.  To do this we looked at where the source of information came from and evaluated how reliable it is.  I also learned that it is helpful to rely on some information that you already know if it is true because it can help us also with information that we may doubt.  Overall though it taught


What I liked:
I liked doing this activity because I think it will help me in the future.  If I doubt a website in the future, I will be able to figure out if it is real or fake in the future.  I liked looking at different websites and figuring out if it was real or not.  Some of the sites were funny, but others were not.

What I didn't like:
I didn't like that I did not know where to look at first to figure out if it is fake,  I felt like I did not know what I was doing and when we finally did it as a class I felt more comfortable doing this activity.  That was the only thing that I did not like while doing this activity because it was a little frustrating not knowing what I was doing.

How I would use this in my classroom:
I would use this in my classroom by giving my students sites that they can use in the future and also look at ones that they find and evaluate if they are acutally good or not.  I would also educate my students on how to check and see if the website is real or not, but this depends on the grade that I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment