Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Creating a Website Day One

 Tuesday May 22nd:


What I learned:
Last class we started learning how to build a website.  I have never built one before, but it was interesting.  We first we created an account and a practice website to help us become familiar with working with creating a website.  I really liked the website that I started to make, but after working on that for a while we had to move on and work with another program called Dreamweaver.

What I liked:
 As I mentioned in the paragraph above, I really liked working with the first program.  After I got the hang of it I started having an easier time working with the program and getting it to do what I wanted.  I liked that I could type what I wanted and I could add pictures that I wanted.


What I didn't like:
Some of the things that  I did not like while working with the websites was that with the first website creating program I had a hard time changing things at first.  It took me a little bit to figure out how to change things.  The website did break down how to change some things, but I wish it would have done that more.  I also did not really like working with the second program (Dreamweaver).  I may feel different about it after class next week, but I feel like there were a lot of steps to do one thing.  Plus I am afraid that I am not going to remember all of the different codes to do things if I were to do this program later again.  I may feel different after next weeks class though.


How I would use this in the classroom:
I believe that I would mainly use this in my classroom to keep my students and their parents updated on what is going on in our class.  I want to give my students and their parents a way to keep updated on what they are learning and to also give them some resources for taking their learning a step further.  I want to also give parents a resource during the summer so that if they wanted to work on different subjects with their child they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment