Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Creating a Website Day Three

Tuesday, June 5th:

What I learned:
 I learned how to connect websites to my webpages that my future families of students could use.  I learned how to make a picture as big as the box in which it was enclosed.  I learned how to change the color and font of a text.  I learned how to link a "home" link on my web pages so that people who visit my website can easily get back to the home page.
 
What I liked:
I liked being able to control what I wanted on the website.  If I needed help on something the people around me and the professor were really helpful.  I had a hard time getting some of these things to work, but once I had some help it was easier.  I also liked the fact that I could put things where I wanted them to go.  I also liked that from having the ideas that I wanted that I was able to be productive and finish this assignment in class.


What I didn't like:
I did not like that I could not do certain things sometimes, but again once I got some help I was able to do all of the things that I wanted on the website.  It was a little frustrating not being able to right click and copy and past a website in the little link box, but also once I knew how to do it with the keyboard I had an easier and more efficient way of getting the assignment done.


How I would use this in a classroom:
As I believe I also stated in my last two blogs, I would use this website to keep my students and families updated on what is going on in the classroom.  I want to give them some resources that they can use to help their child expand their learning and to also be aware of what is going on in the school.  This way parents can also know what their child is learning and be actively involved in their child's learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment